Tuesday, November 18th
Hi 3rd Graders,
A spacecraft has landed on a comet 4 billion miles way. Read, watch, and listen to what happened. When you are finished, take the Socrative quiz that follows.
HINT: Here are the questions that you will be asked in Socrative. As you read, listen, and watch, think about the questions.
1. The European Space Agency recently landed a spacecraft on a comet. What is the name of the comet?
2. What is the purpose of landing a spacecraft on a comet?
3. If you could float next to the comet, you could hear it “humming."
4. How many science instruments does the Philae lander carry?
5. When was the 67P discovered?
Read an article about the comet.
Listen to the comet.
If you were next to the comet you couldn't hear it. The sound would be too low. Scientists made the sound of the comet go faster, so people could hear it.
Read an infographic about the comet.
Watch the comet.
Pay attention to the information as you watch the video!