Hi 5th Graders,
A spacecraft has landed on a comet 4 billion miles way. Read, watch, and listen to what happened. When you are finished, take the Socrative quiz that follows.
HINT: Here are the questions that you will be asked in Socrative. As you read, listen, and watch, think about the questions.
1. The European Space Agency recently landed a spacecraft on a comet. What is the name of the comet?.
2. What is the purpose of landing a spacecraft on a comet?.
3. If you could float next to the comet, you could hear it “humming."
4. How many science instruments does the Philae lander carry?
5. When was the 67P discovered?
6. Scientists that created images comparing 67P to four European cities (Amsterdam, Madrid, London, and Rome), compared the size of the Philae probe to what household appliance?
Read an article about the comet.
Listen to the comet.
Comet 67P/C-G sounds like it is humming, but human's can't hear it. To make the comet’s ‘song’ audible to people, researchers sped up the data 10,000 times its actual rate.